Lend a Helping Hand
Program Fees & Details
Volunteering in another culture, in a different setting to your own country really benefits you, the volunteer. You will be seen, not as a tourist, but as part of the community. Not only will you be experiencing a different culture in a close and personal way, but also you will be working with some amazing women and girls appreciating every little help. Volunteering with us will expose you to our rich Ghanaian culture and delicacies.
Education- The volunteer teach mothers and children about basic nutrition- how nutrition impact human lives.
Health- The volunteer will take part in designing a health project, community health screenings, nutrition assessment, focus group discussions community and stakeholder engagements.
Duration & Cost
- Minimum Stay: 1 Week
- Cost: $500 (Additional week costs $150
- Airport transfers from Accra airport (Pick Up only)
- Accommodation throughout your stay (Volunteer’s house, or with a family)
- Breakfast and Supper throughout your stay
- A local SIM Card
- Certificate of Recognition
- Utility bills (extra Electricity, Water and Gas)
- Contribution towards our child sponsorship programs
- Continual assistance and contact from members Healthmates
- 24/7 Emergency Support
What’s NOT included?
- Flight Tickets
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses (Your pocket money)
Notes & Recommendations
- Certificate of Recognition; Before we issue it, you need to complete a volunteer report.
- Personal Expenses; It depends on you and your lifestyle! But we advise that you come with an additional $50-$100 a week to cater for your personal needs such as; Lunch, Phone bill, Transportation, Snacks, Entertainment, Drinks and excursions if preferred, and any other things you may wish to buy.